Posts Tagged ‘Jimmy Sad Eyes’
I am vexed and miffed. I have been a victim of a wild horde of green-leaf eating rabbits. I planted a black-eyed Susan, asters, petunias, coreopsis, and a cone flower and all have been decimated and nibbled down to a nub with nothing left. My roses, daisy’s and verbena are all untouched so far. I can’t understand what makes my flowers so attractive when there is a forest full of vegetation out of harm’s way next to my property. I take this as a personal assault on me by these critters.
Jimmy Sad Eyes is not a fan of Rabbits either and growls fiercely at them from inside the house. I often wonder if they can even hear him as they appear to be quite content to carry on as poor Jimmy rages out of control.
Below are some pictures of the devastation as well as some pictures of before they laid my flower garden to waste. I have tried some commercial remedies but have not had any luck. I have been threatening to buy a Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in the stock and go rabbit hunting but I am afraid I would just shoot my eye out. Does anyone have a good recipe for hasenpfeffer? Try this one out if you are interested.
Have a great week and try some rabbit stew for your 4th of July festivities. I highly recommend it.
To celebrate Jimmy’s one year anniversary in Georgia a couple months ago, I sat down with him and asked him what things he would change if he were King. Below are some bullet points from our conversation.
- The bad dog down the street would be forever banished from walking in Jimmy’s Kingdom. Jimmy said; “I would hate to do it to him but he is giving us dogs a bad name. After all, he wears a purple sweater.”
- Rabbits would be served for dinner every night. “These rabbits that flit about I have no use for except on my plate” Jimmy then bellowed loudly at his own joke while puffing on a cigar.
- Random shadows and floating dust balls would not enrage him causing barking fits lasting up to a minute. When I prodded him on this he looked away and replied that he didn’t want to talk about it.
- The work day would start off with a two hour nap followed by a brisk 30 minute session of sun-basking. Jimmy claims this is when he recharges his batteries and typically does his best work.
- He would have the ability to fly and strike down those cocky birds with their fancy wings. Jimmy was very adamant about his insistence that the birds would pay for their treatment of Jimmy if he were King. He compared them to Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown.
- His wet nose would draw beautiful art work all over the windows of “His” castle. He claims a blood relationship with Pablo Picasso’s dog.
- Taking a bath would be optional and not cause a wild Tasmanian devil reaction. According to Jimmy; “baths are for weak people not for Kings”
- The dog park would be on the grounds of his compound. He envisions his park having one fire hydrant for every 10 feet.
- Cats would be servants. Jimmy says; “I don’t trust these cats so I would keep a close eye on them.”
- He could produce heirs… Jimmy had no further comment on this.
- Shedding would be a desired trait. “Grooming is overrated anyway. Cats are into that stuff – what more do I have to say?”
- Knocking down a few cheese puffs and Doritos would be celebrated as the well rounded snack that it is. He admits this habit is his downfall and often leads to a few extra ounces around the collar.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know Jimmy Sad Eyes a little better, have a great week.
Season’s greetings, my name is Jimmy Sad Eyes and this week I am writing the blog and giving the regular guy the week off. He asked me to do this and I held out until I got what I wanted – a 5 minute tummy scratch each week in January. I wasn’t supposed to tell anybody so keep it a secret between us.
I am going to write about my favorite things of Christmas. I am not quite two years old so it will be a short list as my experience is limited.
Jingle Bells. In case you don’t know it starts out like this:
Woof, Woof, Woof
Woof, Woof, Woof
Extra Large Rawhide Bone (with a compass in the stock*)
Favorite Christmas Television** Special:
Anything with Snoopy in it. That dudes rocks!
Christmas leftovers, hey a dog likes to splurge once in a while too.
When the neighbors and their dog Tina come over for a Christmas visit – if you know what I mean.
Eggnog – ‘nuff said
Eating the milk and cookies left out for Santa. So far they haven’t figured it out.
This is the part when the other guy tells you to have a great week but I always have a great week. I mix in a few walks, a couple of meals and about 12 hours of naps throughout the day. You should try that some time, I recommend it in fact.
*Editor’s note – OK, I added that due to my affinity for the movie A Christmas Story
**Editor’s note #2 – Jimmy doesn’t have a high def Television or use the abbreviation “TV” either - read about low def eyes in a high def world here